Its berry season, so we're getting seasonal around here! Picked up these strawberries (Mandair Farms) and rhubarb this week from the Langley Farmers Market at Kwantlen College. Hope you enjoy!
• 3/4 C a/p gluten free flour
• 1 C oat flour (blend 1C GF oats to make your own)
• 1/3 C GF oats (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
• 1/3 C melted coconut oil
• 2 flax eggs
• 1/4 C almond milk
• 1/4 C coconut palm sugar
• 1/4 C maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 C chopped strawberries and rhubarb
• Preheat oven to 325.
• Line muffin tin with parchment paper liners or lightly grease with coconut oil.
• make flax eggs ( 1 Tbsp ground flax + 2 Tbsp warm water per egg) and set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine oat flour, gluten free flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
• In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the strawberries and rhubarb.
• Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix until just combined. Add in strawberries and rhubarb and mix in.
• Distribute batter equally into tin (makes 12). Sprinkle each top with oats and a slive of strawberry and rhubarb.
• Bake for 26-30 mins.
• Take out of oven and place tray on cooling rack. If you did not use liners, let cool completely or they may fall apart.
• Serve with Vegan Crème Fraîche (Optional). Just mix 1/4 C of Vegan Sour Cream (Recipe HERE) with 1 tsp Coconut Sugar.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins