Beyond excited to find a red fleshed pitaya (dragonfruit) on our visit to Granville Island Public Market this week, the first time I've even been able to find one so of course I had to take it home with me! This is where it ended up:
Red Dragon Cheesecake
• 1/4 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
• 1 1/2 C GF Oats
• 15 Pitted Dates (soaked 5 mins and drained)
• 1/2 C Raw Almonds
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla
• 2 C Raw Cashews (soak overnight)
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Pink Fresh Raspberries
• 1 Red Fleshed Pitaya (Dragonfruit)
• 1/2 C Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
• 1 Tbsp Coconut
• Blend crust ingredients in food processor until it starts to come together. Press into bottom of springform pan and place in freezer.
• Juice the lemon and add to blender with the flesh of the pitaya (do not use the peel) and remaining filling ingredients. Blend until smooth.
• Pour evenly over crust and smooth out top. Pop in the freezer overnight or at least 2 hours to set.