Vegan, Gluten Free and Kid Approved! And they go perfect with a cup of tea, but then again, what doesn't?
• 3/4 C a/p gluten free flour
• 1 C oat flour (blend 1C GF oats to make your own)
• 1/3 C GF oats (plus extra to sprinkle on top)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
• 1/3 C melted coconut oil
• 2 flax eggs
• 1 C pumpkin purée
• 1/4 C almond milk
• 1/4 C coconut palm sugar
• 1/8 C coconut palm nectar (sub maple syrup if don't have)
• 1/8 C maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 C V chocolate chips
• 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
• Preheat oven to 325.
• Line muffin tin with parchment paper liners or lightly grease with coconut oil.
• make flax eggs ( 1 Tbsp ground flax + 2 Tbsp warm water per egg) and set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine oat flour, gluten free flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
• In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
• Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix until just combined. Add in chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds ( or whatever combo of add ins you choose) and mix in.
• Distribute batter equally into tin (makes 12). Sprinkle each top with oats and a dash of cinnamon.
• Bake for 26-30 mins.
• Take out if oven and place tray on cooling rack. If you did not use liners, let cool completely or they may fall apart.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins