Mini Double Chocolate Banana Proat Muffins
We've been experimenting with this protein powder from an amazing local company Botanica Health. Love their commitment to using quality, organic ingredients. These tasty little muffins have approximately 2.4 g protein per mini oil free, protein oat (proat) muffin. Hope you like them as much as we do!
• 3/4 C Oat Flour
• 1/4 C Rolled Oats
• 2 Scoops @botanicahealth Vanilla Protein Powder
• 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
• 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
• 1 tsp Baking Soda
• 2 Flax Eggs (2 Tbsp Ground Flax + 4 Tbsp water = 2 Flax Eggs)
• 3 Ripe Bananas
• 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 1/3 C Dark Chocolate Chips
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Make flax eggs, set aside.
• Lightly coat 2 x 12 tin muffin pans with coconut oil (we used the coconut oil spray from Trader Joes)
• Add first 6 ingredients to a med sixes mixing bowl, set aside.
• In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients EXEPT chocolate chips until well combined. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix together. Add chocolate chips and mix until mixed.
• Transfer to muffin tins and evenly disperse.
• Bake for 15-20 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Take out and let cool for 15 mins.
(Approx 2.4g protein x 24 mini muffins)
(Click the photo below to go to www.botanicahealth.com)