All of the heat on the west coast this year seemed to do the blackberries well! May have a few battle wounds from picking but it was worth it to come home with buckets of these juicy gems.! Here's one way we put them to good use:
• 1/4 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
• 1 C GF Oats
• 15 Pitted Dates
• 1/2 C Raw Almonds
• 1/2 tsp Vanilla
• 2 C Raw Cashews (soak overnight)
• 4 Lemons
• 1/8 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
• 1/2 C Maple Syrup
• 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
• 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
• 2 C Fresh (or thawed) Blackberries
• 1/2 Lemon
• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 2 tsp Agar Agar
• 3 ice cubes
•Blend crust ingredients in food processor until it becomes pretty fine. Press into bottom of springform pan and place in freezer.
• Zest 3 of the lemons.
• Juice all 4 lemons and add the zest and juice to blender (or food processor) with remaining filling ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour over crust and smooth. Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
• When cheesecake is set add all topping ingredients to small pot. Roughly mash berries with a masher and bring to a boil. Take off heat as soon as it boils and add ice cubes and stir until melted. Allow to cool until lukewarm before pouring into cheesecake. (I put it in the fridge for around 15 mins, checking every 5) Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until set. (At least 2 hours)
Lemon Cheesecake with Blackberry Topping