Healthy(er) doughnuts? Yes please! These sneaky little guys are packed with protein rich black beans so go ahead, eat them for lunch! ;) Ok, maybe not... Hope you enjoy!
• 1 15 oz Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
• 1/2 C Coconut Sugar
• 1 C Almond Milk
• 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 C Cocoa Powder
• 1/2 C Oat Flour
• 1/2 C a/p Gluten Free Flour
• 2 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/2 C Hazelnuts
• 1/4 C Chocolate Chips
• 1-2 tsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spread hazelnuts on baking sheet and place in oven for about 8 mins. Skins should peel off when rolled in hands. Crush gently in mortar and pestle to make chunks. Place in bowl and set aside.
2. Add dry ingredients to med sized mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
3. Add beans, coconut sugar, vanilla and almond milk to blender. Blend until smooth, add to dry ingredients.
4. Set aside about 3 Tbsp of hazelnuts (for sprinkling) and add the rest to mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Lightly grease doughnut pan with coconut oil. Add mixture with spoon evenly to pan, will be very thick and sticky so you may have to lightly wet fingers to press down. Should make approx 12 doughnuts depending on the size of your pan.
6. Bake for about 11 mins. Take out and let cool completely.
7. Melt chocolate chips with 1-2 tsp coconut oil either in microwave or over double boiler. Dip doughnuts in chocolate and sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts. Let chocolate set. Voila!
Chocolate Hazelnut Doughnuts