I've been experimenting with different flavours and this is by far my favourite! Hope you love them just as much! Here's what you'll need:
• 1 can low sodium chickpeas (liquids, or 'aquafaba' only)
• 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
• 1 serving instant coffee grounds of choice
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• piping bag
• Line cookie sheet with parchment and set aside.
• Open can of chickpeas and strain liquid into a small pot. Put chickpeas into a sealed container and throw it in your fridge for a future hummus, you don't need them for this!
• Boil liquid (Aquafaba) until it reduces by about 25-30% or until it looks to be about the consistency of egg whites. Let cool. (You could do this the day before so it's ready to go.) You should be left with around 1/3 C liquids.
• Once cooled, add to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix on high for about 2-3 mins or until it looks frothy.
• Add sugar little by little and continue to mix for another 3 or so mins.
• Add cream of tartar, cinnamon and instant coffee grounds.
• Mix until it forms peaks like a regular meringue. If it seems a little runny, add more sugar 1 Tbsp at a time. Don't worry about over mixing as with real egg whites. It took me around 10 mins total.
•Add to your piping bag and pipe into swirls on the parchment lined sheet. Repeat this until you run out.
• Bake at 200 F for 1 1/2 hrs. Turn off oven and (here is the hard part) let cool inside without cracking the door for about 30 mins. Crack oven slightly (I stick a wooden spoon in the door) and let cool another 30 mins. Remove from oven and let cool completely before moving.
• Try to share!